$120000 - 120000/year
Rock Island, IL
May 1, 2019
Full-Time Accounting & Finance
- Assess, execute and streamline policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Oversee the activities of the finance department, such as accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Research, prepare and execute Finance Department initiatives such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as required
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor them monthly
- Produce cash-flow reports, calculating cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, and manage daily cash
- Comfortable in taking on tasks beyond formal job responsibilities
- Present executive committee and partners with monthly financial reports
- Collaborate with executive team and partners to make efficient and effective firm-wide operation possible
- Perform tasks associated with month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations & G/L analysis
- Manage the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques to make sure cash collection is on time
- Assure client expectations are met by reviewing deliverables of self and team
- Accounting experience in publicly-traded company a plus
- The ideal candidate will be highly-skilled with exceptional analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
- Excellent verbal, written, and social skills
- Detailed and have the ability work independently
- Past work in technology, analytics and management experience highly valued
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- CPA/MBA preferred
- Solid understanding of month end closings
- Command of statutory reporting
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Des Moines, IA801 Grand Ave.
Des Moines, IA 50309