$100000 - 115000/year
April 23, 2019
Full-Time Accounting & Finance
- Assess deliverables of self and team to verify they meet client expectations
- Give financial reports to executive committee and partners each month
- Work closely with executive team and partners to ensure efficient and successful firm-wide operation
- Support Finance Department initiatives, such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, with research, planning, and implementation, as required
- Complete month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, reconcile accounts, and handle G/L analysis
- Manage the creation of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor them on a monthly basis
- Time monthly billing and other cash management techniques to make sure cash collection is punctual
- Produce cash-flow reports, calculating cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, and manage daily cash
- Analyze, apply and improve policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Lead the operations of the finance department which includes accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Occasionally perform duties beyond formal job responsibilities
- Advanced credentials such as a Masters of Business Administration / MBA or Certified Public Accountant / CPA are preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of month end closings
- Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
- Earlier experience in public accounting is highly valued
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
- Attention to detail and ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- Sharp, analytical thinking abilities, always seeking to draw connections and identify the "why"
- Prior work in technology, analytics and management experience desired
- Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines
- Skilled in the construction and delivery of effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Rochester, NY255 East Avenue
Rochester, NY 14604