$65000 - 70000/year
Ridgefield Park, NJ
April 19, 2019
Technology & IT
SIS: Maintain and support the PowerSchool Student Information System (SIS) and the functions within the SIS for all schools and the National Support Office. Responsible for coordinating and analyzing all student administrative information (demographics, attendance, grades, health, discipline, etc.). This includes onboarding and offboarding processing of student and employees in the various technical systems in use. Ensuring schools maintain student information in line all codes, policies, guidelines and rules and handling all student data reporting needs.
LMS: Administer, monitor, and maintain the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS). Responsible for the technical operations and system administration of the LMS application including, but not limited to, system configuration, eCourse deployment, user enrollment, performance management, and resolution of technical issues, ensuring the system is properly configured and supported at all times. This individual will work closely with the Educational Director team, teachers and learners across school to ensure our learning systems are leveraged for success.
• Maintain and support SIS (PowerSchool).
• Maintain and support LMS (Canvas).
• Keep systems running, coordinate all updates.
• Main contact with and for PowerSchool/Canvas.
• Yearly Rollover / End of Year Process / Beginning of Year Process.
• Train, support, troubleshoot on admin side for secretaries and other district staff.
• Train, support, troubleshoot with teachers on gradebook (Power Teacher Pro).
• Coordinates and oversees distribution of Parent Portal login information and responsible for
parent User IDs, passwords and access codes.
• Coordinating communication plans dealing with policies, procedures, and operational status of the LMS/SIS software with all stakeholders.
• Serving as a point of escalation for all system issues, administrative aspects, and important processes of the LMS, including managing user groups, user permissions and notifications, and configuration.
• Assist Educational Directors with establishing curricular scheduling for teachers and students.
• Responsible for new student enrollment system within SIS.
• Analyze how each file and included fields can be best used by district, administrators and other users to serve students and district's needs.
• Ensure current functionality is maintained and determine the integrity of new functionality.
• Develop and revise processes and procedures, standards and guidelines relating to schools' databases and district integration.
• Oversee and monitor activities to ensure schools' student databases remain stable and capable of meeting student and district needs.
• Communicate progress as well as interview to determine table and field values for additional capabilities.
• Understand and apply system wide workflow and processes as well as relationships with other internal and external databases.
• Maintain workflow of new and expiring student/staff accounts.
• Oversee student database training, create training curriculum.
• Determine setups to be used for school and district tables and files.
• Collect, analyze, prepare and submit quarterly and annual reports.
• Analyze data to determine data solutions including data warehousing, access, security and integrity.
• Perform related work and reports as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Possesses a deep understanding of all components, features, and functions of an LMS (Canvas preferred).
• Possesses a deep understanding of all components, features, and functions of PowerSchool SIS.
• Ability to clearly articulate thought, actively listen, share knowledge and recognize need to adapt communications to different audiences
• Interpersonal skills
• Ability to display an understanding of the broad scope of a project while maintaining focus on individual tasks
• Demonstrated proficiency in data input, analyzing data, and data accuracy; required.
• Ability to manage own time and effort
• Flexibility and a willingness to learn.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Student Information System experience.
• Learning Management System experience.
• Considerable experience in school systems in an administrative capacity.
• Experience in data analysis or database programming.
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Saddle Brook East, NJ250 Pehle Avenue
Park 80 West Plaza II Suite 502
Saddle Brook, NJ 07663