Community Manager: Gaming
May 24, 2019
The Creative Group
- Partner with the esports marketing lead to inform and support the go-to-market (GTM) strategy and marketing-related post-mortems
- Use data insights to develop and evolve community strategies and tactics that support key objectives of the GTM: viewer acquisition and community engagement
- Engage the community with a fun and playful tonality across our social media spaces
- Moderate chat and drive enforcement across our spaces and during livestreams
- Use empathy and intuition to manage challenging messages and mediate conflict
- Manage forums and maintain a content calendar
- Support development of the esports narrative
- Identify and support influencers within and outside of the game community
- Be a steward of our brand across all promotional executions
- Share best practices across the greater studio
- Be an authentic, sincere advocate of the game community
- Identify risks in advance, and drive the team towards successful resolution before the risks turn into fires
- Identify cultural trends and lifestyle influences of our audiences, largely GenZ and millennials, with the goal of driving relevant content
- Ability to engage with a diverse audience across social media, and on-camera
- A desire to establish and build relationships
- A knowledge of customer journeys, with a deep understanding of social media and streaming platforms including features and data outputs
- A record of developing social media content such as gifs and memes
- Ability to write messaging and marketing copy, and develop esports narratives
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal, and be ready to mediate conflict
- Plan, create and maintain a highly effective promotional schedule across teams
- Must be comfortable being led by data: gathering and analyzing results from multiple sources, reporting the results of promotional tactics, and optimizing plans based on analytics
- Marketing experience a plus
- A passion for video gaming, PR, communications, streaming, and/or being on a stream are major pluses
At TCG, we’re committed to you from the moment you sign up. We won’t make you work a certain number of hours or fill out piles of paperwork before we commit to you and your professional future. We believe it’s important to spend time with you from the beginning in order to assess your skills, determine your strengths and figure out the type of work you want to do. Our trained staffing professionals understand that you have a real passion for your work and do their best to find opportunities that are the best fit for you. And we don’t stop there. We’re also available to help with your career questions, provide tips on improving your portfolio and acing interviews, and more. Plus, as one of our registered candidates, you’ll have access to thousands of online training courses and books – and of course, everything is free and available when you need it.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888.490.5565 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 The Creative Group. A Robert Half Company. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Seattle, WA601 Union Street
Seattle, WA 98101