May 31, 2019
Available for W2 employees only
● Coordinate and review the testing activities in an agile software development team, including an understanding of the team’s definition of done.
● Drive the creation of regression tests, using automation where feasible.
● Understand the scope/requirements of the project from requirements, user stories and interactions with the team.
● Identify conceptual/design/requirements and software issues at an early stage of testing and actively follow-up until resolved.
● Report status and escalate issues effectively.
● Define scope and objectives for various test activities.
● Create or modify and execute test cases.
● Create or modify test data.
● Develop test tools or use off the shelf tools to increase productivity.
● Develop, implement and review the test plans.
● Coordinate the development/enhancement of a model of the system components that the team works on.
● Set up and configure the application’s test environment from scratch, including operating system and application installation, virtual machine management.
● Provide estimates and status to management for the System Test phase of a project/release.
● Create regression testing plan and manage the test execution during the System Test phase.
● Create, modify and execute exploratory test scenarios, with the goal of maximizing early defect discovery and eliminating late discovery of issues.
● Verify the accuracy of the product documentation.
● Coach and mentor less experienced team members in testing best practices.
● Identify process improvements to increase the performance, productivity and consistency of testing.
Available for W2 employees only
● BS degree or higher in a scientific, engineering or clinical field.
● Feature level QA responsibility, including demonstrated test leadership.
● Extremely strong interpersonal / communication skills, both verbal and written.
● Basic coding/scripting skills.
● Experience working on, and understanding of, large, complex systems.
● Experience working in a regulated industry, preferably software medical devices.
● Testing experience in agile environments.
● Knowledge of web software, network and IT, medical devices, regulated environments.
● Performing testing using Microsoft products such as TFS, MTM.
● Determination to obtain results.
● Passionate about using technology to innovate, in order to deliver the best clinician and patient experience
● Enjoy working in a team.
● Able to handle fluctuating workloads.
● Able to see the big picture as well perform detailed analyses.
● Self directed and goal oriented.
● Awareness of, and advocate for, industry best practices.
● Able to guide other QA team members.
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Raleigh, NC4140 ParkLake Ave.
GlenLake One, Suite 500
Raleigh, NC 27612