$24 - 26/hr
June 14, 2019
• Interface with requestors to gather detailed and clarifying information in order to better understand the nature and requirements of their request;
• Analyze requests to decide how request should be performed, what challenges might arise, and to determine the appropriate resource to handle the request;
• Build detailed job tickets for each request using the workflow management tool;
• Direct requests to department Operators and Proofreaders for processing, and manage workflow of all current requests during production;
• Assist Operators and Proofreaders with queries as needed;
• Direct requests to appropriate departments, and coordinate with local and off-site office resources;
• Review quality of Word processing and proofreading requests;
• Release jobs to requester using professional communication skills, and inform requestors of any important details that were discovered during job production;
• Ensure timely return of all jobs; and reach out to requestors to renegotiate deadlines and communicate job challenges when necessary;
• Provide feedback to management and/or team members on performance and quality;
• Completing Incident Report for each job returned for issues or inaccuracy
• Manage staffing across shifts and ensure there is adequate coverage to meet client demands
• Create and deliver reports both internally and externally
• Familiar with legal software packages used to create and produce legal documents including Microsoft Office programs;
• Excellent customer service and analytical skills;
• Prior legal document processing experience in a team environment;
• Must have advanced knowledge of technology to include computers and software programs such as MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) or other programs
• The ability to work independently with no supervision;
• Ability to produce accurate work product and strong attention to detail;
• Flexibility to work overtime;
• Working knowledge of windows applications, including e-mail and document management systems;
• Must demonstrate enthusiasm, aptitude, organizational skills and a willingness to learn.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet pressing deadlines
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with team when completing assignments
• Knowledge of Legal terminology and procedures a plus;
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME TO: [email protected]
Located in major North American and global markets, Robert Half Legal is the premier provider of legal staffing and consulting solutions on a full-time, project, and temporary basis, serving both law firms and corporate legal departments. We also provide project and eDiscovery teams and workspace for a wide range of initiatives, including litigation support, mergers and acquisitions and document review matters. Our dedicated teams' industry experience allows us to quickly match skilled legal professionals with the best available jobs. We offer challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and skills-enhancement training.
Call your local Robert Half Legal office at 888-490-5592 to discover more about this position. Apply for this job now or contact our branch office for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
Robert Half is not a law firm and does not provide legal representation.
© 2019 Robert Half Legal. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Phoenix, AZ2375 E Camelback Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85016