Database Technology Manager
May 16, 2019
Technology & IT
Responsible for facilitating the successful, on-time, delivery of various product development activities by leading and coaching one or more delivery teams. Plays a key role in allowing the company to meet stated objectives and continuously learning how to be more responsive to rapidly changing business conditions through the ongoing application of principles and practices of SAFe Framework.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Develop and Manage Project Plan for New Services / all development activities
o Engages and assists the product owner(s) to ensure that work requests are properly articulated, prioritized and detailed
o Develop and actively manage project plan for each initiative
• Management of deliverables and associated dependencies across multiple organizations
• Insure resource availability / visibility associated with deliverables
• Develop resource model associated with large-scale activities
o Develop regular status reports/presentations
o Provide project plan milestone updates to stakeholders and product leads
- Facilitate Weekly Team Meetings
o Responsible for the planning and facilitation of standard meetings to include; backlog preparation, iteration planning, retrospectives, iteration reviews and stand-ups in regular cadence
o Manage meeting logistics (e.g. room, conference bridge, agenda, participants)
o Set weekly agenda (based on program priorities)
o Provide New Services status update with corresponding slide deck each week
o Take and distribute notes
- Proactively Manage Action Item / Issues List
o Manage action register and meeting notes for each initiative
o Track actions that are assigned during working group sessions
o Update status of actions and resolution of issues as progress is made
o Escalate overdue actions for resolution/completion
- Allocate resources necessary to complete work
o Work with Requirements and Process team to allocate resources to complete all work
o Proactively identify resources gaps and escalate appropriately
o Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
For immediate consideration please send resumes to [email protected]
- Required - Strong project management experience with proven results
- Required - Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Required - Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Project
- Required - Experience in a tech-related industry, preferably telecommunications
- Desired - Product development experience
- Desired - Telecom Services experience
o Knowledgeable in all of the core areas of scrum including:
• SAFe framework
• Product Planning
• Estimation at each planning level
• Release, iteration and daily planning
• Understand backlog tracking, burn down metrics, velocity, and task definition as well as other tools designed
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Philadelphia, PA1735 Market St
Philadelphia, PA 19103