Server Side Java Developer
May 21, 2019
Technology & IT
How you will make an impact
- Provides guidance for internal clients on applications, systems and/or processes for identifying and resolving, processing/reporting problems with programming. Consultation can include troubleshooting and/or education
- Assists in the developing communication content for specific system changes being implemented in production
- Assesses and logs issues. Works alongside other programmers to correct problems with code
- Evaluates processing procedures and suggests ways to improve
- Create and test programming changes for every systems development phase prior to implementation. Write test cases and expected outcomes. Review results and verify that requirements are met. May develop simple tests or a defined subset of larger tests. May recommend acceptance/rejection if requirements are not all met
- Creates and updates dictionaries for applications and systems support by the analyst
- Trains and assists end users and other partner groups for a particular application, system or process, on an ongoing basis
- Analyzes user requests for systems changes or improvements. Documents functional requirements and assesses cost, feasibility and utility. Develops recommendation as to how, when or whether to proceed with making the changes
For more information, please apply and reach out directly to Andrea Zick at [email protected]
- Practical knowledge of JUnit
- Strong familiarity with Oracle
- General familiarity with JIRA
- Proven knowledge of Linux
- Experience with Java database connectivity
- SQL experience preferred
- Well-founded grasp of UNIX
- Java experience
- Command of spring framework
- Comprehensive understanding of programming languages
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- General knowledge of mainframe hardware/software and PC operations required
- Proven success acting in a project management capacity
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.