COBOL Software Developer
$40 - 60/hr
Oklahoma City, OK
May 10, 2019
Technology & IT
Required Job Qualifications:
• Knowledge and demonstrable skill using one or more of the following: IMS DB/DC, COBOL, PSBs, PCBs, SCLM, ISPF, MicroFocus COBOL
• Oversight over multiple disciplines including: Programming, Infrastructure and Interfaces
• Requirements include a high school diploma or GED with demonstrated knowledge of application development; one year of IT-related experience; a comparable vocational or technical education course resulting in certification in computer applications; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
This position will be expected to:
• Provide primary Subject Matter Expertise and software development for the agency mission critical FACS Application. This application connects with primary data sources in IBM’s DB2 and IMS, interfaces through web services with OKDHSLive! and the Oklahoma Department of Health. Senior level Knowledge and Experience using PowerBuilder and these supporting technologies is desired.
• Serve as second level support for help desk tickets.
• Consults with division directors and other managers on complex system or program needs to identify parameters, feasibility, etc.
• Work with other systems analysts, programmers, technicians, and managers in the design, testing and evaluation of systems (primary focus is FACS). Test and evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing/interfacing systems, and make purchase recommendations.
• Develop and write plans, documentation, and procedures regarding installation and troubleshooting of server hardware and software to assist in maintaining the integrity of assigned systems.
If you or a colleague are interested in this opportunity, please contact Lauren Rutledge at 405-236-0202. Connect with me directly at www.linkedin.com/in/laurenrutledgerht. We look forward to working with you!
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Oklahoma City, OK3817 NW Expressway
Oklahoma City, OK 73112