New York, NY
June 12, 2019
- Study fringe benefit reporting, pay practices related to FLSA, and other payroll areas to determine how those practices apply to advise management
- Generate systems and protocols to direct the collection, calculation and entering of pay data
- Guide staff with pay related issues, general questions related to payroll, PTO accruals, wage deductions, and fringe benefits
- Lead quarterly and year-end payroll reports
- Establish timely processing of payroll in accordance with labor regulations and standard accounting principles
- Check data entered by others in the payroll software to include, but not limited to salary/wage increases, benefit deductions, employee termination dates, and employee leaves of absence under FMLA or other unpaid leave
- Deal with voluntary deductions, as well as wage garnishments, pay levies, and other involuntary court-ordered payments in a timely manner, including reporting to the necessary authorities
- Work with Information Technology, Human Resources, and other internal business partners to ensure security protocols for pay systems
- Direct regular payroll reporting as required and assist with financial audits related to pay records and associated general ledger
- Agree to current payroll tax requirements and relevant laws associated with the processing of employee wage data, including payroll taxes, employee federal and state income and social security taxes and other required reporting
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
New York Midtown, NY125 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10017