$65000 - 75000/year
April 22, 2019
Creative & Marketing
- The Creative Group is looking for a Brand Strategist to join our growing, energetic team in Nashville, TN. This role will work closely with the Manager of Brand Strategy on the continued development of our comprehensive and campaign level brand strategy. The Brand Strategist will also assist with primary and secondary research (fielding and analysis) to illuminate market and customer insights to help drive strategic recommendations.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Conduct and analyze new/existing brand research.
o Primary Research: concept, write discussion guides and facilitate focus groups, man-on-the-street interviews, surveys, customer segmentation studies, etc. as necessary; manage 3rd party vendors for any of the above.
o Secondary Research: E.g. competitive analysis. Using all resources available to you, find insights and stories about our customers and the way the world is changing around them.
o Stay up to speed with innovations and interesting movements in the insurance, tech, and media space. This includes developing a deep understanding of the media habits of Gen Z and Millennial consumers.
o Responsible for synthesizing data and learnings to develop simple, actionable, and inspirational strategies.
o Complete ad-hoc research requests/projects from start to finish, recommend appropriate methodologies, and present key insights.
- Lead high-level, long-term brand strategy and evolution, assist with medium-term communications and campaign planning and shorter-term engagement strategies to accomplish communication objectives.
- Lead strategy projects including (but not limited to): Brand DNA creation, brand positioning, brand tone of voice/verbal identity and work closely with the creative team to grow and maintain our Brand Guidelines.
- Be a steward of the Brand -- Ensure companywide adherence to Brand Guidelines as well as help manage brand creative assets (photography, creative output, copy, brief templates, etc.)
- Assist in planning and facilitating brand positioning and creative strategy workshops, discussions, and brainstorms.
- Assist in writing creative briefs and project briefs to provide concise information on objective, customer, and strategy to creative teams.
- Contribute to strategic recommendations related to experience planning such as channel strategy and tactical planning.
- Identify and communicate ways to improve the team and its processes; be a champion for great work and the processes necessary to achieve that work.
- Manage, track, and communicate your assignments and deadlines to stay focused.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of professional experience in crafting brand architecture, positioning, and strategy.
- You should have a passion for creativity, culture, understanding how people think/interact, brands, platforms and problem solving.
- You should be familiar with, but not constricted by, formal processes for building and evolving brands over time and uncovering deep consumer insights.
- You have strong data mining capabilities that allow you to quickly uncover trends in data.
- You possess a thorough understanding of design best practices and have a discerning eye for high quality design/creative work.
- You have excellent communication skills with both technical and not-so-technical people; ability to explain why a design works or why it doesn’t.
- You must be self-directed, confident and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Bonus: You are able to share an online or PDF portfolio of your best work.
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree in communications, advertising, brand planning, business or related field.
At TCG, we’re committed to you from the moment you sign up. We won’t make you work a certain number of hours or fill out piles of paperwork before we commit to you and your professional future. We believe it’s important to spend time with you from the beginning in order to assess your skills, determine your strengths and figure out the type of work you want to do. Our trained staffing professionals understand that you have a real passion for your work and do their best to find opportunities that are the best fit for you. And we don’t stop there. We’re also available to help with your career questions, provide tips on improving your portfolio and acing interviews, and more. Plus, as one of our registered candidates, you’ll have access to thousands of online training courses and books – and of course, everything is free and available when you need it.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888.490.5565 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 The Creative Group. A Robert Half Company. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Nashville Dwtn, TN315 Deaderick Street
Nashville, TN 37238