Senior Network Engineer / Manager (Cisco)
$90000 - 120000/year
May 10, 2019
Technology & IT
• Strategic decisions driving the design and implementation of new world-wide network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current global networks
• Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, SD-WAN, DNS and DHCP
• Recommending network equipment and managing subcontractors involved with network installation
• Configuring firewalls, routing and switching to maximize network efficiency and security
• Maximizing network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
• Investigating and correcting faults in the network
• Updating network equipment to the latest firmware releases/ Arranging scheduled upgrades
• Reporting network status to key stakeholders
• Ensure proper recordkeeping and asset documentation and recommended procedural improvements
• Availability after hours for emergency or needed global support
• BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field/equivalent experience
• CCNA/CCNP or other high-level networking certifications desired
• Knowledge of Cisco equipment including firewalls, IDS/IPS, switches, etc.
• Knowledge of VMWare products
• Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Server and desktop operating systems
• 7+ years of experience - preferably in a global environment
• Strong communication skills and customer service ethic
• Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
• Have knowledge of and adhere to best practices
• Effective researcher with strong analytical skills
• Cyber-security experience desired
• Experience with VoIP/UC a plus
• Experience with cloud platforms (AWS/Azure,etc.) a plus
• Previous experience with Help Desk support and managing staff desired
*** For immediate consideration, please send an updated resume with salary requirement to [email protected] ***
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Saddle Brook East, NJ250 Pehle Avenue
Park 80 West Plaza II Suite 502
Saddle Brook, NJ 07663