USD80000.00 - 95000.00 / Yearly
April 26, 2019
• Provides specialized enterprise level support and management for Linux Infrastructure
• Build/Install, support and maintain physical and virtual servers, troubleshoot server and hardware issues and escalate as required.
• Maintain recommended system & security patches up to date for responsible architectures and applications.
• Plan, Schedule, Implement Change Control for System Changes and Downtime
• Document infrastructure standards and processes, implementation procedures and troubleshooting processes.
• Design, develop, and articulate solutions based on a strategic business or technical requirements. Integrate new technologies to solve business requirements. Collaborate with internal and external teams to ensure engineered solutions are aligned to company standards.
• Analyze the current enterprise and makes recommendations for capacity planning, performance tuning and design enhancements.
• 2+ years experience with VMWare
• Strong understanding of DNS, NIS, NFS, SAMBA
• Light programming with Shell, Perl or other scripting tools
• Solid understanding of Linux security fundamentals
• Must be available to work 24x7 support rotation, which includes fielding trouble tickets
• Strong leadership skills and influence in one or more projects or disciplinary areas
• Makes decisions on non-routine matters within broadly defined policies and procedures
• Strong writing, verbal and presentation skills
• Able to plan and execute complex projects with capability for complex analysis
• Experience with a large-scale, multi-platform environment (500+ machines in multiple sites)
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Louisville, KY9300 Shelbyville Rd.
Louisville, KY 40222