$23.75 - 27.50/hr
Los Angeles, CA
May 24, 2019
Technology & IT
• Coordinate, install, diagnose, repair, maintain, and upgrading all organizational hardware, software, and third-party services while ensuring optimal performance.
• Hardware, software, and services include, but not limited to, desktop, laptop, tablet/mobile devices, network hardware, peripheral devices, printing/scanning devices, presentation equipment, IoT devices, and various software products and services.
• Monitor incoming requests and troubleshoot problem areas in person, by telephone, or via work order in a timely and accurate fashion; and provide end-user assistance where required.
• Train and guide staff on computer hardware and software usage.
• Update and maintain hardware and software inventory and critical activities.
• Liaise with third-party support/service providers as necessary.
• Install and support staff computer and endpoint security software - monitor event logs for threats and risks and take corrective actions.
• Assist with scheduled backup jobs - monitor logs, swap media, and perform restores as needed.
• Facilitate setup of A/V equipment for meetings and presentation and ensure optimal operation and accurate inventory of equipment.
• Assist with network account/access creation and deletion following department guidelines.
• Recommend, purchase, and implement systems to ensure the reliability of systems.
• Assist telecommunications manager with telephone and voicemail account setup, minor programming, and troubleshooting problems.
• Support development and implementation of department projects and long-term strategies for meeting future organizational needs.
• Stay current with broader industry and technology trends and update job knowledge by participating in educational/developmental opportunities.
• Perform other related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Minimum Education - bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science/engineering or a related field.
• One to three years in a technical helpdesk or desktop support. Working experience in performing arts and not-for-profit, preferred.
• Working experience in and knowledge of:
o Windows and Mac OS, hardware, software, and components troubleshooting.
o Office productivity and collaboration platforms, preferably MS Office 365.
o Helpdesk ticketing, workflow, and SLA management.
o AD, DNS, virtualization, cybersecurity.
o End-user support and training.
o Current support protocols, policies, and procedures.Preferred Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA, Network+, MCP, ACMT, Project Management.
• Must be Highly dependable and punctual.
• Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment; must also possess the ability to work independently with a sense of urgency.
• Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills; including strong customer service orientation.
• Must always maintain professionalism.
• Enjoys working with and helping people and learning new technologies.
• Ability to follow directions and established processes; highly organized with strong task management skills.
• Sound analytical abilities and problem-solving skills.
• Successful in fast-paced and quickly changing environments.
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Los Angeles Downtown, CA865 S. Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90017