Los Angeles, CA
April 26, 2019
We are looking to present candidates immediately and this Java Developer position will not be open long. You can apply for this position today by sending your resume to [email protected] or by contacting (949) 623-2673 Extension 29622. You can also connect with me on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/jasonkoot/
Please, no third party vendors.
* Work with a team of peers, with a passion for what you’re creating
* Develop and maintain applications written in a Java-based SOA environment, operating on a Linux platform
* Write detailed design and code-level specifications, and detailed project documentation
* Assist in the writing of unit/integration tests and documentation for projects
* Obtain deep knowledge of existing systems, as well as contributing to their overall design.
* Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application development, deployment and operations
* Develop systems and APIs for interfacing with external services
* Perform tradeoff studies or building POC prototypes to rapidly identify preferred technical approaches
* Design and develop public APIs; provide documentation for integration by external partners
* Provide mentoring for less experienced team members
* Remain current on technical / professional developments affecting area of responsibility
* 5+ years of software development experience as part of a development team.
* 4+ years experience in object oriented software engineering
* 4+ years of hands-on development experience
* Effective knowledge of Spring and IoC-based design patterns
* Experience designing and developing large-scale distributed data processing applications (Hadoop, Spark, etc)
* Expert knowledge of SQL for use in application development and business reporting
* Strong experience in all aspects of the development of distributed applications, including requirements gathering and writing technical specification
* Interest in developing elegant solutions to complex problems
* Excellent technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
* Good communication skills and ability to work in small agile teams
* Self-motivated and willing to learn new concepts, technologies and processes
* Strong experience developing software within an Agile process
* Patience and ability to mentor team members
* Ability to translate complex technical solutions/problems into key points to drive discussions with business
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent education/professional experience required
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.