$140000 - 150000/year
Los Angeles, CA
May 8, 2019
Full-Time Accounting & Finance
Robert Half Finance has an opportunity for someone with a knack for leading with high standards, positively motivating others, and making critical decisions and have experience taking charge of an accounting and clerical department to become a Controller at a real estate development company. If you are good at planning and directing all accounting operational functions, handling the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluating accounting and internal control systems, and leading departmental staff, this role might be right for you. In this role, it will be critical for you to lead with integrity and reliability and have the ability to manage self and others with urgency, practicality and accountability when providing client services. We want to hear from you if you are a creative team player with a talent for challenging the status quo, coming up with unique ideas, negotiating and influencing. This opportunity will provide you with a very competitive and generous compensation and benefits package. If it's time to advance your career, consider this position. The Controller position is a full-time opportunity in the Los Angeles, California region.
**Please send resume to Eric Herndon at [email protected] for consideration**
What you get to do every day
- Manage finance department operations, including accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Each month, present executive committee and partners with financial reports
- Manage the production of and monthly monitoring of the annual budget and forecasts
- Reviews deliverables of self and team to ensure that they meet client expectations
- Manage daily cash and prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals
- Collaborate with executive team and partners to support efficient and effective firm-wide operation
- Assess, execute and improve policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Handle monthly and annual close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations & G/L analysis
- Comfortable handling responsibilities beyond formal job duties
- Support Finance Department initiatives, including software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, through research, planning and implementation, as needed
- Ensure timely cash collection by driving the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques
- Be detailed, flexible, and organized
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
- Strong communication skills and able to receive criticism well
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- Strong familiarity with account reconciliation
- Cash management experience
- General ledger experience desired
- Foundational knowledge in Bank Account Reconciliation
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- Advanced credentials such as a Masters of Business Administration / MBA or Certified Public Accountant / CPA are preferred
- Prior experience in a public accounting environment is highly valued
- Self-starter and strong ethical standards
- Prior work in technology, analytics and management experience desired
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Westwood, CA10960 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90024