$120000 - 140000/year
Long Beach, CA
January 18, 2019
Full-Time Accounting & Finance
In this role, you will be responsible for providing timely, accurate and compliant incentives, accounting, and controllership activities as well as global activities across all programs. Your responsibilities include managing the process to ensure that models are correct and are fully accrued each month, participating in Global Program Risk Assessment and Audit Readiness, verifying and holding operations team accountable that end to end incentive processing, payments, accounting and related financial controls are operating effectively. You will help lead the Global Operations Finance team, collaborate with Global Partner Incentives Controls and Compliance, and processes and help achieve financial metrics. The Controller position will be located in Long Beach, California and is a full-time engagement.
- Guide the Partner business, finance teams, and area finance teams in the insight & analysis of future changes needed in the partner incentives programs in order to impact and influence upstream activities. Review rebate variance analysis reports, analyze accrual calculation, and investigate large variances and true up drivers
- Supervise reporting, forecasting, and budgeting processes and tools for the accountable programs
- Comparison of evidence and qualitative discussion of monthly financial results across global programs to support SOX controls
- Perpetual reviewing of actual spend against budget, as well as leading necessary actions needed for any expected shortfalls
- Take leadership over the initial process of creating the annual global budget for key programs
- Engage with various business partners for a variety of program controllership and FP&A activities such as upholding accurate accrual models and appropriate accounting, as well as true-up activities. Also answer questions from business, area and subsidiary controllers
- Review and monitor controls to ensure they are designed and operating effectively in partnership with compliance
- Collaborate with the Treasury to provide timely cash flow forecasts
- Obtain understanding of key financial results and movements across programs to summarize and discuss with key business partners
Position pays $120,000 to $140,000 + Benefits and bonus
For immediate Confidential consideration of this position, please send a resume in word format to David Bizub at [email protected] or call David Bizub at 310.719.1400. If you are already working with a recruiter from Robert Half, please contact him/her directly to expedite your candidacy for this role.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- Advanced credentials such as a Masters of Business Administration / MBA or Certified Public Accountant / CPA are preferred
- Financial reporting experience required
- Financial statement preparation experience
- Fixed assets experience
- Well-founded grasp of month end closings
- Comprehensive knowledge of year end closings
- Financial statements consolidation experience preferred
- Proven knowledge of financial analysis
- Expert Microsoft Excel skills required
- Maintain accountability for self and others to make sure that results are achieved
- Deep technical background in public accounting (GAAP)
- Implement and enforce high standards for quality deliverables
- Self-starter with efficient time management and organizational skills
- 15+ years of progressive accounting experience, including 5+ years as a Controller preferred
- Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations
- Excellent technology, analytics and management experience required
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Great attention to detail
- Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Torrance, CA990 W 190th St.
Torrance, CA 90502 310.719.1400