$42.75 - 49.50/hr
Long Beach, CA
May 16, 2019
Technology & IT
We are looking to present candidates immediately and this Project Manager position will not be open long. You can apply for this position today by sending your resume to [email protected] or by contacting (949) 623-2673 Extension 29684. You can also connect with me on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeremy-lampkin-405a9913b
Your responsibilities in this role
- Verify that the design and execution of database server topology, configuration, and maintenance fulfill SLA goals
- Baseline system performance, monitor for deviation, and recommend and implement improvements to slow running queries
- Manage all database instances across development, staging, and production environments, handling installation, configuration, and maintenance
- Restore databases as service outages occur, including after hours and weekends
- Provide guidance on database design, tuning options, and other possible issues
- Configure monitoring utilities for databases to keep false alarms to a minimum
- Figure out the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Experience building and maintaining documentation
- SharePoint experience
- Workflow processes experience
- Knowledge of HTTP
- Experience in production environments and willingness to be on-call
- Strong knowledge of relational database management systems
- 4+ years of database experience
- Practical knowledge of storage and server hardware desired
- Prior experience adjusting queries to enhance performance
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Torrance, CA970 West 190th St.
Torrance, CA 90502