$55000 - 60000/year
April 26, 2019
Full-Time Accounting & Finance
If you're looking to join a thriving, fast-paced company that recognizes talent and effort, Robert Half Finance is seeking an ambitious, detail-oriented Staff Accountant for a growing company based in the Lansing, MI area. This company offers a challenging and multi-faceted opportunity where effort is rewarded. Preparing journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation and being responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close will be essential for this role. If you want to participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules reporting processes, this role might be right for you. If you have a complex understanding of Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets, you will be preferred for this role.
- Special projects and impromptu reporting, upon request
- Perform month end close, journal entries, with minimum supervision
- Maintain, implement, and adhere to internal controls. Also ensure that accounting procedures comply with GAAP
- Manage reconciliation, depreciation, and fixed asset ledgers
- Support the month end, quarter end and year end closing process, which includes monthly financial close workbook preparation
- Maintain intercompany transactions, billings, and reconciliation
- In-depth knowledge of reconciling month end balance sheet accounts
- Assemble analyses for monthly balance sheets and income statements for management reporting
- Participate in various department-wide initiatives
- Prepare complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Analyze and coordinate a variety of financial data, and report it in a useful and understandable manner
- Recurring journal entries maintenance and reconciliation
- Maintain capital lease and monthly payment schedules
If this sounds like the position for you, please contact Blake Reedy for immediate consideration at 248-205-5582 ext:48136 or [email protected]
- Self-starter and strong ethical standards
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
- Candidate must possess first-rate analytical, quantitative and social skills
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Current and relevant ERP system experience
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
- Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines
- Microsoft Excel experience
- Observant, accurate and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Troy, MI1441 W.Long Lake Road
Troy, MI 48098