$50000 - 65000/year
May 24, 2019
Full-Time Accounting & Finance
Our client, a large Chemical manufacturing company, is actively looking to add a Staff Accountant to their team. This role will be within the corporate accounting team and will report to the Controller.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Preparation and review of account reconciliation as well as facilitate the resolution of issues of General Ledger reconciliations
- Preparation and communication of monthly and quarterly financial books; assist in reviewing and explaining variances in the results
- Prepare, review, and upload manual and automated accounting entries
- Assist in project management and conduct system testing, both for minor enhancements and large projects. Ensure quality of changes to the application systems portfolio
- Partner with business functional areas to identify opportunities that improve business processes, operational efficiencies and information accuracy
- Help facilitate internal and external audits; preparing schedules and other required items and working with external auditors
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience.
Compensation will be competitive based upon experience - a discretionary bonus is part of the package.
For confidential consideration send a copy of your resume to Yash Taparia at [email protected] or call 713.623.4700 x40538
- Requires a Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Accounting
- In the process of testing for the CPA preferred
- 2-4 years of relevant experience showing consistent career progression and expertise
- Strong technical expertise and willingness for in-depth ERP system learning
- Overall understanding and application of GAAP and SOX requirements
- Ability to manage critical deadlines and adapt and prioritize in a dynamic work environment
- Effectively create and maintain complex spreadsheets without error, and critically analyze data to identify and explain variances
- Highly detail oriented, maintaining comprehensive documentation to support financial statements
- Relevant experience learning, understanding, and describing business performance
- Ability to coordinate work across functions and with third parties such as external auditors
- Effective communication through clear and concise expression of concepts both in writing and verbally to all levels of the organization
- Creative problem-solving and ability to think outside the box to help solve problems and identify process improvements
- Self-motivated while coachable and a team player
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Houston Galleria1980 Post Oak Central Blvd
Suite 1475, 14th Floor
Houston, TX 77056