June 14, 2019
Full-Time Accounting & Finance
We have a great opportunity for a Cost Accountant at a well-established and stable organization. The Cost Accountant will be responsible for reviewing each department’s cost standards for accuracy, initiating meetings with department leaders to capture cost information, and converting that information for input into the organizations decision support system. This Cost Accountant will also monitors calculations of cost internal to the decision support system's cost accounting module. The ideal candidate should also be able to create detailed reports that present cost-effective solutions for our company. Email your resume to [email protected] or call Ryan Harris at 616.454.9444.
• Collect cost information and maintain an expenses database
• Plan and record variable costs
• Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
• Prepare budgeting reports (for the company and for each department)
• Analyze and report profit margins
• Prepare (monthly, quarterly and annual) cost forecasts
• Assisting in month-end and year-end closing
• Identify and recommend cost-effective solutions
• Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures
• In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail
• Strong time management skills
• Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant study
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Grand Rapids, MI333 Bridge Street N.W.
Grand Rapids, MI 49504