$65000 - 75000/year
May 10, 2019
Full-Time Accounting & Finance
Robert Half is working with a Kalamazoo company seeking a Buyer/Planner! This Buyer/Planner will place purchase orders with suppliers for the procurement of production material as required by forecast and the production schedule and identify source options for new ingredient needs and present options to project leads with pertinent impacts of selections such as price, quality, logistics, and stability of source noted. As the Buyer/Planner you will monitor status of open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery of all materials, including timely resolution, communication and mitigation of future potential problems. Don't miss out on this excellent opportunity! For immediate consideration please email your resume to [email protected] or call Joel Bode at 616.454.9444.
• Work as liaison from project leads to suppliers to communicate forecasting. Update as needed.
• Expedite or defer orders as required based on schedule/inventory changes
• Determine and establish optimal inventory levels based on forecast, demand variation and material lead times
• Coordinate material flows throughout product/BOM changes, obsolescence, and the introduction of new suppliers and/or materials due to new product development
• Manage the inter-company flow or materials between warehouse locations
• Manage and resolve issues regarding PO to invoice discrepancies, returns and quality problems with suppliers
• Provide back-up support for supply chain functions including shipping, receiving, material handling and other duties as assigned
• Setup & maintain material master system planning parameters (MOQ, lead time, safety stocks)
• Collaborate with internal customers and provide a high level of customer service, including recommending solutions, resources, and alternative supply options
• Ensure and promote compliance to Company and Procurement policies and procedures
• 5 or more years of experience in a buyer/planner/material scheduler role in manufacturing (required) food or feed industry experience preferred
• Applied knowledge of forecasting, MRP, transportation, supply chain, inventory management and warehousing disciplines
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite – advanced skills with Microsoft Excel
• Strong sense of urgency & attention to detail
• Excellent organization, communication and follow-up skills
• Able to influence others, negotiate, and manage conflict
• Ability to self-direct and take constructive action in ambiguous situations
• Analytical with a methodical approach to problem solving
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Grand Rapids, MI333 Bridge Street N.W.
Grand Rapids, MI 49504