VP/Director of Finance
$120000 - 140000/year
May 17, 2019
Full-Time Accounting & Finance
Our client in the Galleria area is looking for a Finance Director with 10+ years of experience and strong supervisory skills.
- Have a detailed understanding of the month-end close process. The ideal candidate should leverage prior experience to set improvement and efficiency initiatives in place in order to bring the global accounting function to a best-in-class operation.
- The Director of Finance should be able to oversee day-to-day accounting, month / quarter / year end closes, leading the annual budget process and quarterly forecasting process, the five-year strategic planning process, treasury, tax and operational accounting. This individual should also lead and coordinate the annual audit process for the entity and communication with the regulatory agencies overseeing the business.
- This individual will be responsible for reporting into the Corporate office for actuals and budget / forecast. They will interface with the Corporate Controller’s organization and the VP, Finance Corporate Payment’s organization to understand and report results.
- The candidate should be able to lead a group of finance professionals to meet the accuracy and timeliness deadlines as well as compliance requirements (including SOX) of a publicly traded Company.
- Have extensive experience in US GAAP and a variety of technical accounting matters, including revenue recognition, accounts receivables, treasury management, etc. This individual should have the ability to develop and implement global accounting policies to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
- Have experience working in a variety of financial systems applications, including general ledger, consolidations, financial planning, and other related tools. Assist in the assessment of existing financial systems and the implementation of new systems. Identify process improvement opportunities that can be implemented through automation. Experience with financial modeling is required.
- The individual should be a self-starter who can operate and lead a team without on-site management. They should be viewed as a leader for the business who can support the other executive team members on initiatives.
- The individual should have the ability to understand and work with the team on complex matters that require a willingness and ability to understand internal technology platforms. This includes the ability to manipulate and analyze large amounts of data and present the information in ways to understand formats.
To be considered for the role, please send resumes to Yash Taparia at [email protected]
- 10+ Years of progressive Finance experience (Previous Supervisory experience needed)
- Has to have touched all areas of Finance + GAAP – Broad finance background Corporate, Analysis, Reporting, Modeling)
- Industries: Financial Services, Fin Tech, Health Field (Benefits Support)
- Degree in Finance/Accounting
- Strong Excel Skills (Modeling & Macros) – Please clear.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Houston Galleria1980 Post Oak Central Blvd
Suite 1475, 14th Floor
Houston, TX 77056