$100000 - 110000/year
May 17, 2019
Full-Time Accounting & Finance
A hands-on, experienced, and cost accounting savvy Plant Controller is needed for a private equity owned South Grand Rapids area manufacturing company! The Plant Controller will direct all aspects of the finance and accounting department, which includes a couple direct reports, and will report directly to the CFO who is on-site. As the Plant Controller, you will work hand in hand with both the CFO and the Private Equity firm to ensure smooth operation of the business along with handling Month End Close, Budgets, Forecasts, and Standard Cost Accounting. In addition, the Plant Controller will be responsible for Internal Controls, Purchasing, Inventory, Taxes, Audits, and Fixed Assets, among other things. If you are looking to support an established, dynamic company, call Neal Gilbert at Robert Half today! 616.454.9444 or email him directly at 616.454.9444.
Your responsibilities in this role
- Ensure timely cash collection by driving the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques
- Support Finance Department initiatives, including software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, through research, planning and implementation, as needed
- Complete tasks beyond formal job responsibilities
- Collaborate with executive team and partners to support efficient and effective firm-wide operation
- Manage monthly and annual close of income statement and balance sheet, the reconciliations of accounts, and G/L analysis
- Manage finance department operations, including accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Handle daily cash management and produce cash-flow reports, calculating cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals
- Give executive committee and partners monthly financial reports
- Review and revise deliverables of self and team to ensure that they meet client expectations
- Outstanding communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Strong communication and social skills
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- Vow to meet business deadlines
- Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued
- Advanced credentials such as a Masters of Business Administration / MBA or Certified Public Accountant / CPA are preferred
- High attention to detail and possess excellent organizational and writing skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of standard costs
- Month end closings experience preferred
- Proficiency in purchasing
- Corporate tax experience highly desired
- Strong analytical, communication, and leadership skills
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Grand Rapids, MI333 Bridge Street N.W.
Grand Rapids, MI 49504