May 15, 2019
Your responsibilities in this role
- Handle the installation, configuration, and maintenance of all database instances across development, staging, and production environments
- Restore service to databases as outages happen, including after hours and on weekends
- Configure database monitoring utilities to avoid false alarms
- Determine the best way to improve performance, whether through hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Advise on database design, tuning options, and other potential issues
- Baseline system performance, monitor for deviation, and recommend and implement improvements to slow running queries
- Verify that the design and execution of database server topology, configuration, and maintenance fulfill SLA goals
- General familiarity with storage and server hardware required
- Quality experience with ETL
- Database Administration experience desired
- Proven knowledge of SaaS PaaS
- General familiarity with Linux
- Strong familiarity with MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Practical knowledge of MariaDB
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience
- Relevant background in building and maintaining documentation
- Proficient at adapting queries to enhance performance
- Solid grasp of relational database management systems
- 10+ years of database experience
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Greenville, SC75 Beattie Place
Greenville, SC 29601