USD50000.00 - 60000.00 / Yearly
GRAND RAPIDS, MI
April 22, 2019
Robert Half has an exciting full-time opportunity for a Staff Accountant in the Grand Rapids area. A well established and reputable company is looking for a Staff Accountant. This Staff Accountant will be part of a team with great longevity in a positive work environment. As the Staff Accountant you will support the month-end close process, manage inventory, review the financials of multiple retail store locations, and perform account reconciliations. Working with management will also be an aspect of this role in gathering accurate data. Do you want to become a critical part of an innovative Wholesale Distribution company? Email your resume to [email protected] today or all Tiffany Newton at 616.454.9444.
- Manage reconciliation, depreciation, and fixed asset ledgers
- Maintain, implement, and adhere to internal controls while ensuring that accounting procedures comply with GAAP
- Periodically maintain and reconcile journal entries
- In-depth knowledge of reconciling month end balance sheet accounts
- Special projects and impromptu reporting, upon request
- Compose journal entries and conduct the month end close with minimal supervision
- Organize schedules for monthly payments and capital lease
- Support the month end, quarter end and year end closing process by preparing monthly financial close workbooks
- Competent with spreadsheets and databases
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Ability to work within spreadsheets and databases
- 5+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
- Solid understanding of month end closings
- Account reconciliation experience preferred
- Proficiency in financial reporting
- Current and relevant ERP system experience
- High attention to detail and possesses excellent organizational and writing skills
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Grand Rapids, MI333 Bridge Street N.W.
Grand Rapids, MI 49504