Cisco Network Engineer
May 17, 2019
Technology & IT
This position will handle:
· QoS, MPLS, OSPF, and BGP, IPV6 and VoIP protocols
· Monitor and troubleshoot network connectivity issues across all 7 layers of the OSI model
· Aid in maintaining DNS, LDAP, DHCP and IP addressing schemes
· Perform configuration and maintenance of enterprise network management system; monitor and maintain network security management systems such as IDS/IPS, encryption technologies & firewalls
· Perform diagnostic network management and analysis methods measuring performance for end-to-end services and devices across the LAN/WANs to remote locations (i.e., network hubs, switches, routers and servers supporting voice/data network infrastructure including analog, PRIs, T1s, DS3s, TLS, VLANs, etc.)
· Install and test new network server hardware/software applications; perform upgrades, fixes and patches; utilize performance monitoring tools and applicable techniques; support system back-ups and restore protocols; file and directory sharing
· Support server and desktop hardware, software and applications by troubleshooting and resolving issues including system backup, user account management and e-mail systems, internet access, office systems applications, remote access services, network printing and provide VPN support
· Support for Microsoft platforms such as Windows Server and Desktop, Exchange, Active Directory and SMS; Cisco networking equipment and technologies to include VoIP, IOS, WAN/LAN, Switches, Routers and ASAs etc.
· Support server network virtualization development, strategies and deployment
· Assist in developing documentation and maintaining a database of network diagrams, configurations, circuits and equipment inventory and track network infrastructure changes
Desired Skills and Experience
CCNA, CCNP or CCIE
For fastest response email [email protected]
· VLan Trunking Protocol
· Catalyst/Nexus switches (6500 or 7600 series), Upgrading
· IPv6 and IPv6 subnetting
· IPSEC and SSL tunneling
· OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
· Route filtering and redistribution
· Policy based routing
· First hop redundancy (HSRP, VRRP)
· MQC (classifying, marking, queuing)
· ASA, PIX, and/or FWSM firewalls
· Load balancing (using nginx, will upgrade)
· Network management software (Solarwinds, Whatsup, etc…)
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Jacksonville Downtown, FL10751 Deerwood Park Blvd. South
Jacksonville, FL 32256