Business Systems Analyst
May 7, 2019
Technology & IT
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
• Assist in developing software and process enhancements including: data structure, reconciliation of data, and report development.
• Work with customer to identify business requirements – evaluate and translate into technical specifications.
• Interface with other functional groups on issues related to corporate systems or projects.
• Working with users and IT to document and support SDLC methodology in transition of IT requests to project fulfillment. Align software change requests with business objectives in compliance with change control process.
• Ability to meet deadlines and project expectations are critical.
Business and Systems Process Development
• Work with clients to identify business requirements – evaluate and translate into technical specifications. Perform requirements gathering and analysis to include: analytical techniques, interview techniques, data gathering techniques, current system documentation, business modeling methods, business process, rules and logic, data gathering to solve complex issues, development of implementation plans, development of requirements and key analytical troubleshooting.
• Develop and implement test plans / scenarios to ensure successful delivery of a project.
• Ability to complete multiple simultaneous projects with multiple clients in a timely manner.
• Lend support to internal organizations and develop teams as necessary during design, development and delivery to ensure solid, scalable, robust solutions.
• Ability to amend or create Functional Specs for custom functionality and develop documents as per the requirements of client.
• Work with functional areas to develop opportunities and needs.
• Communicate effectively in both verbal (i.e. day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written (requirements and design specifications) form, as well as have an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communication.
• Works with Director of Information Technology to develop operational and capital budgets necessary to accomplish goals, to ensure adherence to budgets through periodic review of financial reports and document variance from planned expenditures.
Skills & Knowledge
• Ability to communicate effectively in a manner that is clear, logical and consistent.
• Demonstrated leadership and attention to detail - prior experience at the strategic and tactical / implementation levels.
• Excellent Project Management experience.
• Strong business and systems analysis skills, test planning and testing skills, troubleshooting skills and experience with numerous environments and architectures.
• Strong process management knowledge and skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Minimum 5-8 years experience working in an IT analyst or project management role
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in business analysis.
• 3+ years of experience in a consulting environment preferred
• Experience working on supply chain or manufacturing projects
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, General
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Manchester, NH1155 Elm Street
Manchester, NH 03101