USD60000.00 - 70000.00 / Yearly
May 28, 2019
Robert Half Finance & Accounting is looking for a Staff Accountant for a full-time opportunity with a fast-growing mid-sized company. The experienced Staff Accountant will oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying the financial transactions. This Staff Accountant will prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliation. As the Staff Accountant you will participate in SOX compliance, interact with the external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules for the 10Q and 10K reporting processes. All interested candidates please email your resume to [email protected] or call Jason Gray at 616.454.9444 today!
Role & Responsibilities
• Prepare complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
• Prepare monthly balance sheet and income statement analyses for management reporting
• Assist in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
• Assist in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls under SOX and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
• Maintain capital lease and monthly payment schedules
• Maintain fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
• Perform month end close, journal entries, with minimum supervision
• Intercompany billings, transactions, and reconciliation
• Analyze and coordinate a variety of financial data, and report it in a useful and understandable manner
• Participate in various department-wide initiatives
• Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as requested
• At least 2 years or more of Accounting experience
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Program skills required
• Accounting experience in publicly-traded company a plus
• Experience with NetSuite, SAP, Blackline or ADP a plus
• Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail a plus
• Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
• Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
• Detail oriented, ability to multi-task, work independently and prioritize tasks
• Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
• Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
• CPA an added plus
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Grand Rapids, MI333 Bridge Street N.W.
Grand Rapids, MI 49504