$48000 - 55000/year
DES MOINES, IA
April 19, 2019
Full-Time Accounting & Finance
What you get to do every single day
- Regular maintenance and reconciliation of journal entries
- Play a part in a variety of department-wide initiatives
- Organize and review various financial data, then report it in a manner that is useful and understandable
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as requested
- Support the month end, quarter end and year end closing process, which includes monthly financial close workbook preparation
- Manage intercompany billings, transactions, and reconciliation
- Become well-versed in month end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Prepare analyses for monthly balance sheets and income statements for management to report on
- Compose thorough journal entries and account reconciliations which include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Maintain, implement, and adhere to internal controls under SOX. Also ensure that accounting procedures comply with GAAP
- Manage depreciation, fixed asset ledgers, and reconciliation
- Manage schedules for monthly payments and capital lease
- Produce journal entries and perform the month end close under minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
- Knowledgeable of ERP systems
- Sharp, analytical thinking abilities, always seeking to draw connections and identify the "why"
- Self-starter and strong ethical standards
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
- Fully formed organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- Account reconciliation experience required
- Financial analysis experience
- Earlier experience in public accounting is highly valued
- Spreadsheet and database capabilities
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Des Moines, IA801 Grand Ave.
Des Moines, IA 50309