USD14.25 - 16.50 / Hourly
DES MOINES, IA
May 31, 2019
- Acting as a liaison with patients and providers in a compassionate and kind manner
- Making appointments, collecting co-pays, and providing receipt of money in accordance with established procedures
- Attending to the management of patient medical records
- Maintaining phone calls within minimum rings and responding to inquiries in a detail-oriented and effective manner
- Ensuring the waiting and reception areas are kept neat and clean; reporting on any damage
- Responsible for insurance verifications with health insurance organizations
- Admitting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries
- Providing administrative assistance to patients
- Order-keeping various files and providing general office duties, e.g. faxing, scanning, data entry, etc.
- Excellent telephone etiquette and keyboard skills
- 1+ year of experience as a Medical Receptionist
- Be able to prioritize workload and perform in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- General grasp of medical terminology
- High School Diploma required, A.S. Degree in healthcare/related field preferred
- We want someone with experience with insurance billing and an electronic medical record system, as well as social media platforms in this position
- Calendar managements and scheduling appointments experience required
- Adeptness in Microsoft Outlook
- Demonstrated knowledge of navigating basic office equipment and protocols
- Microsoft Word experience preferred
- Deep understanding of HIPAA compliance patient privacy rules
- Computer based inspection experience highly desired
- Solid understanding of medical records
OfficeTeam is the world's leader in professional staffing for office support jobs, focusing exclusively on the temporary and temporary-to-full-time placement of professionals in the administrative field. We are faster at finding you work because of the depth of our client network. Specifically, our professional staffing managers connect with thousands of hiring managers in North America every week to find your office support job opportunities. We evaluate all of our OfficeTeam temporaries' skills and match them with the needs of top employers in their area.
Apply for this job now or contact us today at 888.490.4154 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 OfficeTeam. A Robert Half Company. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Des Moines, IA801 Grand Ave.
Des Moines, IA 50309