Medical Collections Specialist
May 17, 2019
Temporary Accounting & Finance
Your responsibilities include:
- Perform timely follow-up and collection functions to include telephone calls, meetings, and on-line inquiries with insurance companies, Medicare, Medicaid, patients, and other payors
- Maintain and update patient accounts accordingly
- Handle inbound and outbound medical collections calls
- Look into overdue amounts for patients and insurance organizations and track account changes within practice management system
Contact Accountemps today to discuss your short- and long-term career goals! Contact us at (563) 359-3995. Resumes may also be submitted via www.Accountemps.com.
- Ability to understand payor requirements to maintain regulatory compliance.
- Ability to understand payor medical policies and apply appropriate usage of ICD-9, HCPCS, and CPT coding principals.
- Perform functions of Medical Collections Specialist role while achieving high patient satisfaction levels and supporting the standards and philosophies of the organization.
- Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills
- Medicaid and/or Medicare experience is highly valued
- Insurance claims experience particularly with working denials or appeals is highly valued
- A talent for the explanation of benefits (EOBs)
- Strong technical skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Previous experience with an electronic medical record system preferred
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Davenport, IA5405 Utica Ridge Road
Davenport, IA 52807