Senior Tax Accountant
USD70000.00 - 85000.00 / Yearly
May 24, 2019
• Assist with the timely preparation and review of outsourced sales and use tax returns, VAT, sales tax registrations, property tax assessments, business licenses, and annual reports as required.
• Report directly to the Indirect Tax Manager.
• Prepare and review indirect tax financial statement accounts reconciliations.
• Develop and implement indirect tax process and procedures.
• Assist with the implementation of indirect tax special projects, including internal research and analysis on a variety of indirect tax issues.
• Assist with developing training material to be deployed to key functions within the business.
• Work effectively with indirect tax outside service providers and indirect tax auditors.
• Team with internal groups within the Company such as accounting, IT, and legal departments.
• Effectively represent the indirect tax group in business advisory meetings.
• Review and optimize ERP processes and data extraction reports for indirect tax.
• Tax engine system (e.g. Vertex / Avalara) testing, report development, and data extraction.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• BA/BS Degree in accounting, finance, business, economics or related field.
• 3+ years prior experience with indirect taxes required.
• Relevant property tax experience a plus.
• Relevant experience in Big 4 accounting firm a plus.
• CPA a plus.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Irving, TX105 Decker Court
Irving, TX 75062