May 17, 2019
- Head and keep a close watch on all installed systems and infrastructure
- Be actively involved to assure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Supply 2nd and 3rd level support
- Play a part in the design of information and operational support systems
- Record and keep custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Survey and sample application performance for potential bottlenecks, pinpoint possible solutions, and cooperate with developers to perform those fixes
- Hold up redundancy strategies, backup, and security
- Coordinate with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Test, configure, install, and maintain application software, system management tools, and operating systems
- If you're looking for job openings and have experience with virtualization and containerization, you might be a good fit for this position
- If you're looking for job openings and have proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting various operating systems, you might be a good fit for this position
- We are particularly looking for candidates who have solid scripting skills
- You might be a good fit for this position if you have experience with monitoring systems
- Good understanding of GPO - Group Policy Objects
- SANs (Storage Area Networks) experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of routers
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 experience
- Microsoft Exchange Server experience desired
- Earlier work involving DHCP DNS
- Foundational knowledge in Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- VOIP (voice over IP) experience highly preferred
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Adeptness in WANs (Wide Area Network)
- Previous experience working with VMware
- Background working with Active Directory
- Server management and administration experience required
- General familiarity with switches
- It is preferred for applicants to have solid networking knowledge
- It is preferred for applicants to have experience with automation software
- 5+ years of relevant experience
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Sacramento, CA2180 Harvard St
Sacramento, CA 95815