May 3, 2019
Technology & IT
The NOC Manager will lead and oversee day to day operations for a local and Midwest team consisting of support technicians, engineers and architects. This professional will be recognized as a leader across the enterprise and be trusted to manage all people, performance and key metrics as well as drive innovation and tooling with an extended outlook into the future of the organization and its players and services.
The Network Operations Center (NOC) Manager should possess strong knowledge of network, server, storage and cloud infrastructure in a corporate environment, network management systems and alerting/escalation procedures and excellent process and procedural skills in a 24/7 operations environment. This position will heavily involve mentoring engineers with mid to senior level technical experience. This leader will own and drive operational improvement from installing and optimizing every day operational metrics for internal performance and efficiency as well as through SLA’s with customers and their satisfaction in your service and delivery. This includes but is not limited projects and initiatives in:
• Alert Tuning
• AI and Automation
• Workload/delegation/distribution of tickets and priority
• Knowledge base/flow- ITIL best practices
• Employee performance management
• Employee mentorship
• Building out functional structure in headcount and alignment of duties based on level
• Hands on when needed (need strengths in either systems or networks, preferably in cloud and/or storage)
• AWS (they are an AWS shop now)
• Ongoing and new projects
Compensation includes base, bonus, benefits and relocation assistance.
• Manage and mentor a rapidly growing team of multi-location, 24/7/365, tier 2 engineers; coordinate with tier 3 engineers
• Manage and be accountable for established customer service level agreements
• Assist with development of training materials/standard operating procedures, deliver ongoing training to team members and ensure compliance with policy standards.
• Prepare, analyze and maintain records of individual and group performance activities relative to service goals and objectives. Provide weekly reporting to senior management on key business metrics.
• Monitor employee performance and provide counsel/advice to ensure maximum effectiveness and continued growth.
• Perform regular ticket audits and call monitoring to ensure a quality customer experience.
• Manage and approve work schedules; manage and monitor time off requests to ensure optimal 24/7 staffing.
• Manage change implementation effectively; help navigate team successfully through change.
• Implement strong documentation and scripts to be more efficient
• Assist in Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) with clients as necessary
• Manage escalations from end customers working collaboratively with other engineering and technical resources to resolve issues.
• Work with external vendors on escalated support tickets.
• Build capacity plans to right size staff in a 24x7x365 environment
Needed skills and experience:
• Experience managing senior level engineers
• Understanding of IP networking, data center and cloud infrastructure
• Cisco, VMware and ITIL certifications a plus.
• The ability to consistently achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Professional presence and demeanor; responds promptly to customer needs; demonstrates strong commitment to providing an exceptional customer experience
• Demonstrated leadership and mentoring capabilities
• Demonstrate a calm demeanor and retain composure in fast-paced environment
• Demonstrate the highest level of integrity and ethical standards
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Jacksonville Downtown, FL10751 Deerwood Park Blvd. South
Jacksonville, FL 32256