$75000 - 95000/year
May 9, 2019
Full-Time Accounting & Finance
• Prepare actual vs. plan (budget) analysis. Prepare various financial analysis related to manufacturing costs, inventory, and expense information for various customers as needed for decision making support.
• Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs. Analyzes actual production costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
• Set up new raw material, packaging, WIP, and FG items; create and maintain production BOMs; maintain periodic cost rolls/updates
• Experience analyzing absorption variances and labor efficiency variances
• Records cost information for use in controlling expenditures. Prepares estimates of new and proposed product or service costs.
• Recommends cost efficiencies in new product layouts.
• Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
• Develop and maintain standard costs of finished goods and production components.
• Maintain and improve processes and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory valuation.
• Lead and manage the quarterly excess and obsolete inventory review process.
• Ensure validity and accuracy of monthly results, internal audit, and coordination with inventory control, production and work order processing.
• Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls.
• Represent Finance/Accounting on teams designed to improve operations, reduce costs, etc.
• 1-3+ years of operational/cost accounting experience, especially with inventory
• Manufacturing experience strongly preferred
• Excellent analytical skills with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills and high confidence in stating professional opinions
• Strong grasp of GAAP accounting and general accounting concepts
• Strong Excel skills and Oracle or Hyperion system skills a plus
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Stamford, CT263 Tresser Blvd
1 Stamford Plaza Suite 1201
Stamford, CT 06901