Quality Assurance Tester
USD110000.00 - 120000.00 / Yearly
May 3, 2019
This is an SDET II, but SDET I is okay too if you have three years experience that includes the actual writing of automated tests in Python or another programming or scripting language. This person will be joining the SWAT team (SW Automated Test team), which includes two principal level SDETs who have setup the test automation framework and tools, and a senior test engineer. This SDET will be responsible for writing functional tests using Python and for writing cross browser user interface tests using Selenium.
You will be responsible for the writing automation test software and supporting test plans and reports for Linux based industrial networking and communication products. You will create automated tests and implement test scripts, as well as executing some manual tests. You will work side by side with the development team to develop test plans, test cases, and to isolate difficult technical problems.
Candidates must be highly organized and have excellent communication and teamwork skills. Will be required to work effectively with developers to advocate for testable code and precise and testable product requirements. Candidate should have a basic understanding of TCP/IP and networking. They should be able to configure a router and understand how data moves through the internet. A positive attitude and a willingness to learn are a must.
A minimum of 3 years’ experience developing test cases and testing embedded software platforms and applications is required. Additional experience testing user interfaces, and industrial communications protocols is highly desired. Our products interface with industrial PLC controllers so you will be expected to learn how to do basic setup and configuration of a simple PLC project with data tags.
• Experience writing automated tests using a scripting or programming language like Python, or C#. (Other language experience is acceptable, along with a willingness to learn Python and C#.)
• Linux based operating system and application testing experience
• User Interface test development and automation using Selenium
• Able to set up hardware and network systems used to verify software
• Familiar with automated testing and defect tracking tools
• Excellent debugging skills; able to isolate defects to specific subsystems and find ways to reproduce them
• Willingness to do manual testing when required, but motivated to automate test cases whenever possible.
Additional Desired Experience:
• Experience with cross-browser testing
• Experience with cross-platform build environments
• Experience with continuous integration
• Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and Industrial Automation applications
• Ability to work with hardware
Please send resume to [email protected]
NO C2C RESUMES PLEASE. THIS IS A full-time DIRECT full-time AND WE CANNOT PARTNER. THANK YOU.
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Seattle, WA601 Union Street
Seattle, WA 98101