USD35.63 - 41.25 / Hourly
Baton Rouge, LA
April 29, 2019
Your responsibilities in this role
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Microsoft SCCM - System Cntr Config Mgr experience
- Foundational knowledge in cloud computing
- Strong familiarity with MS Windows 10
- Virtualization experience
- We are particularly looking for candidates who have experience with monitoring systems
- This position will be the best fit for a candidate who has experience with virtualization and containerization
- If you have proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting various operating systems, you will be strongly preferred for this position
- This position will be the best fit for a candidate who have solid networking knowledge
- Applicants should have solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks
- Candidates who have solid scripting skills will be the best fit for this position
- This position requires a candidate with experience with automation software
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
New Orleans, LA909 Poydras Street
New Orleans, LA 70112