Location : Sacramento, CA
Post Date : January 25, 2017
Employment Type : Full-time
Job Order Number : 00390-9500325605
Description :Tiffany Morgan (please send email to: [email protected]) at Robert Half Finance & Accounting is looking for an achievement-oriented Controller to join a well-respected Sacramento based company. The Controller is a leadership role with responsibility over a small accounting team. As the Controller, you will be planning and directing all accounting operational functions, handling the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluating accounting and internal control systems, and leading departmental staff. This fast growing company offers competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits package along with strong opportunity for career growth.
We are seeking an individual for this role who is able to motivate others by maintaining a positive professional attitude; exhibit integrity, reliability, and leadership. You will also be responsible for key decision making and the ability to challenge, negotiate and influence the team.
Role & Responsibilities
· Lead the operations of the finance department which includes accounts payable, billings & collections, payroll
· Responsible for month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations & G/L analysis
· Prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals
· Drive the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques to ensure the timely cash collection
· Present monthly financial reports to executive committee and partners
· Evaluate, implement and streamline policies, procedures
· Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor on a monthly basis
· Work closely with the executive team to facilitate efficient and effective firm-wide operation
· Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
· Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
· CPA or MBA preferred
· Holds self and others accountable for ensuring that results are achieved
· Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
· Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
· Understanding GAAP and firm accounting policies and procedure
Requirements :Bachelors in Accounting, Finance, Economics
15+ years of progressive accounting experience, including 5+ years as a Controller preferred
Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations
Strong proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Program skills
Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail a plus
Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
Detail oriented, ability to multi-task, work independently and prioritize tasks
But don't take our word for it. Our company once again was named to FORTUNE® magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" and was the highest-ranked staffing firm. (March 1, 2016), and 9 out of 10 of our clients and candidates would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Robert Half Finance & Accounting office at 844.539.2523 or visit roberthalf.com/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities..
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet
Sacramento, CA 95815