Posted by Lisa Fulmer on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 00:00
Every other Friday, we’ll share a quick recap of news updates and recent articles from the finance and accounting world. You might pick up a great conversation starter for your next meeting, some helpful management or career advice, or just a little food for thought.
- A new survey from CareerBuilder outlines seven financial services jobs that are the most in-demand this year.
- The International Accounting Education Standards Board has released a paper on the development and management of written examinations for accountants.
- The Journal of Accountancy recently highlighted a Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) report and shares the five lines of defense that can help organizations achieve a healthy tension between risk and value protection.
- CFOs can apply rigorous portfolio management techniques to get the most business benefit from growth-oriented technology spending. Read more on CFO.com.
- The Institute of Internal Auditors' president and CEO Richard Chambers reflects on the past five years of writing for the Institute for The IIA's blog.
Stay tuned for more insights from Robert Half Finance and Accounting.