Posted by Lisa Fulmer on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 00:00
Welcome to Target Topics!
Every other Friday, we’ll share a quick recap of news updates and recent articles from the finance and accounting world. You might pick up a great conversation starter for your next meeting, some helpful management or career advice, or just a little food for thought.
- New startups are exploring the internet for funding rather than turning to investment and commercial banks.Read more on FierceCFO.com.
- Paul McDonald talks about salary increases and in-demand skills for 2014. Read more at Kiplinger.com.
- Lyle Benson, chairman of the AICPA's Personal Finance Planning Section, discusses the role tax planning plays as part of a client's overall financial planning in an interview with Accounting Today.
- Expectations are rising that the U.S. economy in 2014 will be the best since the recession ended. Read more at ABC News.
- Small business managers can improve the annual planning process by focusing on just one word that embodies their biggest change, challenge or opportunity, suggests an article on USAToday.com.
- What can we learn from Phil, the meteorologist in the movie, “Groundhog Day” when it comes to personal finance planning? Read more on LetsMakeAPlan.org.
Here’s hoping spring will come early, although that will be up to Punxsutawney Phil this Sunday! Just remember, life doesn’t have to repeat itself - you have everything you need to create the change you want. Stay tuned for more insights from Robert Half Finance & Accounting.