Sonya Yi is a Manager for Robert Half Legal Consulting Solutions. She provides investigative support and solutions to clients in the areas of documentation gathering and review, compliance, litigation and records management initiatives.
Areas of Expertise
- Project Management Oversight
- Managed Services
- Data Assessment
- Information Governance
- eDiscovery Litigation Support
- Document Management Platforms
- Industry Expertise – Oil and Gas; Mining; Construction; Healthcare; Manufacturing; Financial institutions; Technology
- Provided onsite support and project management for a big-data software company’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) initiative. Provided support by collecting information from business unit owners, worked with IT department to determine Records of Processing Activities and provided legal department a gap analysis to escalate.
- Assisted initiative with pre-IPO tech company’s record retention project. Created and developed a company-wide Record Retention Policy and Schedule.
- Project management for a nationwide retail client’s GDPR initiative. Identified business unit owners to setup information collection meetings, created user-friendly documentation on GDPR and worked with client’s internal PM team to identify areas needing attention within GDPR’s 12 Areas of Compliance.
- Supported the assessment and management of patent lawsuits for a pharmaceutical client, including managing weekly incoming productions, database management, and providing attorney training and support.
- Managed a long-term deployment of a project team for an international financial institution's contract management abstraction and migration to an updated system.
- Created workflows for a large financial institution to identify components of legacy contracts to be migrated to a new contract management system.
- Created and managed contract review for communications client identifying specific lease control provisions for a separating entity.
- Developed and conducted a project workflow for long-term construction litigation project by providing oversight of database management, productions and materials for DOJ, and assisting in all incoming collections and productions to be prepared for future litigation.
- Bachelor of Science - Political Science; Philosophy, University of Oregon
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- kCura Relativity Review Specialist
- Women of eDiscovery (Seattle Chapter)
- Springboard UX Design Certification