Peter Tierney has more than 20 years of professional experience in litigation support, consulting, electronic discovery, document review, and document conversion. He serves as managing director of Robert Half Legal's consulting solutions practice, overseeing eDiscovery and information governance. Using a metrics-driven approach to the entire electronic discovery process, he effectively manages project costs for clients while appropriately satisfying legal, regulatory and administrative obligations.
Mr. Tierney has a proven ability to successfully analyze an organization's critical business requirements, identify deficiencies, risks and potential opportunities and develop cost-effective solutions to enhance competitiveness, defensibility and customer service. With strong technical and business qualifications, he has provided advisory and business services to clients spanning the entire discovery lifecycle, including RFP and vendor selection management, identification and collection strategies for potentially relevant ESI, document processing and review strategies, project management, and meet and confer support.
Areas of Expertise
- Electronic Discovery
- ESI Processing System and Platform Design
- Discovery Risk Management
- Document Repository Service and Workflow
- Technology and Information Management
- Strategic Planning and Forecasting
- For the legal division of a global management consulting firm, led a team of professionals providing electronic discovery processing, hosting and production services in high-profile regulatory, litigation and investigative matters across the United States, India and England.
- Provided operational leadership to support Fortune 500 and AmLaw 100 clients involved in high profile legal and regulatory matters in the U.S., Philippines, India, and Vietnam; responsibilities included project management, electronic data processing, document repository hosting, application development, document coding, and transaction data processing.
- Managed teams providing all aspects of discovery management, including consulting, document processing and repository services involving tens of millions of pages for multiple industries.
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics, University of Texas at Austin