Global Managing Director
Frank Wu has more than 25 years of professional experience working with clients to implement practical solutions in proportion to their business risks exposures. He serves as managing director of Robert Half Legal's consulting solutions practice, overseeing eDiscovery and information governance. Mr. Wu has advised global companies, law enforcement and regulatory agencies to transform the challenges of ad hoc incident response, electronic discovery and records retention projects into sustainable processes within their routine operations. He has recommended, designed and managed several large-scale financial investigations and litigation support systems to significantly reduce the cost, time and burden associated with legal discovery of electronically stored information. These systems include transactional and analytical systems, document conversion and discovery management systems.
Focused on the intersection of legal and IT, Mr. Wu has more than 16 years of "Big Four" experience where he served in the U.S. Forensic Technology Steering Committee, and was responsible for its global forensic and litigation technology center.
Areas of Expertise
- Electronic Discovery
- Computer Forensics and Investigative Response
- Records and Information Management
- Technology Risk Consulting
- Discovery Risk Management
- Serves on the eDiscovery Panel of a leading international insurance organization to assist in its executive liability policyholders manage the risk exposures and expenses related to electronic discovery.
- Managed the forensic and litigation technology requirements of all major investigations and lawsuits for a global professional services firm (including more than 700 custodians from Europe and the Americas in one particular case.) The services included computer forensic preservation and acquisition, electronic data discovery, and financial investigation and litigation consulting.
- Managed the transactional data analysis systems and document repository infrastructure for one of the largest U.S. municipal bankruptcy matters with over $36 billion dollars in assets.
- Managed the master collection of documents for a multinational consumer products client in response to multiple state, federal and international lawsuits with over $10 billion dollars in potential liability. Deployed the key processes and technology platform in support of over 500 concurrent in-house and outside counsel to address the critical regulatory compliance, business response and legal issues.
- Supported counsel in the identification and preservation of more than 15 years of data sources for one of the largest international mining, mineral processing and metallurgical company. Performed forensic and targeted logical collection of terabytes of electronically stored information from U.S. and international locations.
- Assisted one of the world's largest hospitality companies to establish a sustainable records retention and litigation preparedness program for their U.S. and international operations.
- Evaluated and advised a federal executive department of the US government on its eDiscovery processes, protocols, systems and technologies for a sensitive matter.
- Bachelor of Science, California State Polytechnic University