Online Merchandiser - eCommerce
Location : Vernon Hills, IL
Post Date : June 29, 2017
Employment Type : Full-time
Job Order Number : 01300-0009198767
Description :My client, a leading provider of business supplies and equipment, is seeking an Online Merchandiser to join their growing team!
The Online Merchandiser role will support the Merchandising and Onsite Search strategy for my cients websites. This role is responsible for online merchandising and onsite search strategies and will partner with the Marketing leadership to ensure deliverables are met.
Develop, implement, and optimize all onsite search functionalities in order to improve findability and customer-facing experiences.
Improve my clients onsite search effectiveness via customer analytics, testing and continuous process improvement.
Support merchandising roadmaps to positively influence online product and onsite search performance through digital eCommerce channels.
Optimize onsite search activity using analytics to recommend rules, facet management, thesaurus entries, redirects and more.
Marry customer needs with merchandising best practices, and help define best in class customer/onsite search experiences.
Understand category and product level behaviors in order to improve relevancy onsite experience.
Create and execute website merchandising activities that can be shared across multiple products/categories.
Support the online marketing team in the creation of search-related rules and landing pages to drive an improved onsite experience.
Identify opportunities for testing onsite search and merchandising. Implement these tests, report out on results and implement changes based on results.
Work closely with multiple teams - Organic Search, Paid Search, UI/UX Product Management.
Identify baseline metrics around onsite search to drive overall performance and growth.
Monitor all facets of online search related activity (triggers, rules, biases, etc) and analyze individual effectiveness.
Identify onsite search tool improvements and opportunities.
Responsibility for assortment, display, cross/up-sell, new product presentation, online promotions, personalization, and all facets of conversion optimization for the purpose of revenue generation.
Brand product storytelling, quantitative segment/persona creation and servicing, stores/shop/collection definition and presentation
Requirements :Minimum Requirements/Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field from an accredited higher learning institution.
• 3-5 yrs. experience in online merchandising.
• Experience managing a large assortment of product for onsite merchandising.
• Experience managing a portfolio of digital products, websites and mobile.
• Experience with Endeca.
• Strong knowledge of Google Analytics, Site Catalyst or similar tools.
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of management.
• Excellent communication, organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects effectively.
• This role requires an entrepreneurial individual with strong hands on eCommerce expertise.
• Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, efficiently works under pressures, within deadlines or other time essential constraints.
Interviews are being conducted immediately and directly with the Hiring Manager. For immediate consideration, please apply online. You may also reach out directly to Tara Kern via email at [email protected]
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 1.888.846.1668 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2017 The Creative Group. A Robert Half Company. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Chicago, IL 60601