Location : Saddle Brook, NJ
Post Date : April 21, 2017
Employment Type : Freelance
Job Order Number : 02710-9500370392
Description :-The ideal candidate acts as Medical Writer on most types of writing projects, with limited guidance from senior staff.
-Takes responsibility for preparation of assigned documents to a high standard, working in accordance with and the customer's requirements.
-Participates in both internal and external project team meetings and liaises directly with the customer on medical and/or technical writing issues, as appropriate and with senior support as needed.
-Identifies project needs, negotiates and tracks project timelines, and implements client requests with limited senior guidance.
-Arranges appropriate internal review of assigned documents and takes responsibility for on-time delivery.
-Takes responsibility for planning and organizing workload for assigned projects and tasks.
-Offers proactive solutions and advice to customers as appropriate to experience.
-Reviews and monitors budget for assigned projects, including out of scope activities, and ensures that revenue is recognized as appropriate. -May review ballpark budgets and routine costings, with management support as needed.
-May review documents or parts of documents prepared by other Medical Writers and provide appropriate feedback.
-Gives guidance to less experienced Medical -Writers and assists in their training and development.
-May present on standard medical and/or technical writing processes at full-service bid defense meetings by telephone or in person.
-May input into and deliver presentations on medical/technical writing to other groups.
-May act as Project Manager for a small stand-alone medical and/or technical writing project (e.g. protocol or CSR).
-May coordinate medical and/or technical writing activities for a series of full-service projects, with attendant focus on efficiencies, consistency, budgetary concerns, client liaison, and tracking.
-Keeps abreast of current data, trends, medical and/or technical writing/regulatory knowledge, developments and advances in area of drug development/medical and/or technical writing.
-May propose revisions to SOPs or suggest process improvements for consideration.
-Complies with Company SOPs and participates in the implementation of new SOPs.
Requirements :• Excellent standard of written English, and ability to communicate fluently and effectively in English, both in writing and verbally.
• In-depth knowledge of the structural and content requirements of clinical or method validation and study reports, protocols, and similar documents for internal and external clients.
• Ability to integrate, interpret, and summarize data from a variety of sources in a clear and concise manner.
• Demonstrated ability and experience to work independently on most writing projects, with limited senior guidance.
• Good understanding of common statistical methods used in clinical trials or pharmaceutical work and/or interpretation of their results.
• Understanding of the time needed to perform routine medical and/or technical writing tasks in order to agree on appropriate timelines and provide accurate resource estimates and costings. Knowledge and understanding of necessary budget assumptions.
• Ability to give a presentation to a project team and/or customer on project-specific topics, with an air of competence and Page 2 authority.
• Ability to identify deficiencies, errors, and inconsistencies in a protocol or report.
• Ability to effectively review a statistical analysis plan and to identify deficiencies, errors, and inconsistencies
please send resume, samples and cover letter to [email protected]
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 1.888.846.1668 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2017 The Creative Group. A Robert Half Company. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Saddle Brook East, NJ
Park 80 West Plaza II
Saddle Brook, NJ 07663