Location : Austin, TX
Post Date : April 21, 2017
Employment Type : Contract-to-full-time
Industry : Professional Services
Job Order Number : 04160-0009036315
Description :The Creative Group is looking for a mid-level Interaction Designer for one of our clients.
The Interaction Designer is integral to conceiving, structuring, and guiding products to the convergence of user needs and business requirements, crafting experiences that not only delight, but that also return real business value to our clients. Positioned at the core of every engagement, were not simply user advocateswere the glue that holds the design process together. And we mean like, the good, expensive glue. As an active and engaged member of our team, youll be responsible for delivering high quality products and helping to advance the discipline within the company. Have the design chops and the backbone to create designs with our team of geniuses? We want you.
? Communicating with clients to determine their needs and business context
? Assisting in research into end user needs and helping to synthesizing that into actionable themes and objectives
? Understanding and communicating the competitive landscape and relevant technical opportunities / limitations
? Helping to identify and recommend opportunities for new products and services
? Working with your team to create short and long term experience strategies, and outline tactics
? Illustrating, communicating, and achieving alignment on concepts
? Defining and specifying interactions, user interface layout, and design patterns
? Ensuring usability by performing user testing
Requirements :The ideal candidate will have:
● 1-5 years experience working in interaction design or information architecture (an advanced degree counts for one or two of those)
● Strong proficiency with interaction design illustration and communication tools, such as Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
A portfolio that demonstrates:
● The ability to ensure consistency and thoroughness of interaction design across an application
● The ability to think conceptually
● The ability to connect user needs insights to business objectives
● Excellent wireframes and client deliverables
● Examples of user research you’ve done (both generative and usability)
● Experience with prototyping tools
● Experience designing software for mobile devices
**If interested, please send resumes and portfolios to [email protected]**
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 1.888.846.1668 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2017 The Creative Group. A Robert Half Company. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Building 2 Suite 220
Austin, TX 78759