Location : Arlington Heights, IL
Post Date : May 12, 2017
Employment Type : Full-time
Job Order Number : 01300-0009032161
Description :My client is seeking a Graphic Designer to join their North American marketing team. The Graphics Designer is responsible for design, creation and preparation of various types of deliverable as a collaborator on projects within the marketing department. As a creative resource, this position will be assisting with and identifying design needs to help continuously elevate the quality of marketing collateral.
This individual will be responsible for executing digital and print marketing projects which include; brochures and literature, email marketing, social media graphic elements, videos, photography, packaging design and layouts, merchandising elements, tradeshow booth graphics, maintaining a photo library, etc.
The Graphics Designer will effectively communicate with the management team, marketing team and sales department to ensure that the visual design communicates the desired message and functions successfully.
Additional responsibilities include helping the marketing department on other projects as needed, such as; developing customer advertising, tradeshow support and product launch support. The position responsibilities might vary based on candidates marketing work experience and expertise.
1. Manage the creative execution of web, print and other visual communication needs of the company. This includes all literate, catalog and print elements.
2. Continuously build, update and maintain the product graphic library. This includes photography, video and animations, etc.
3. Manage the design and editing of video projects from concept to completion.
4. Work with other members of the marketing department to help design variations, additional creative assets, revisions, print-ready files, etc.
5. Develop and review packaging layouts.
6. Manage and promote the use of brand style guides (uniform colors, fonts, icons, page format, document organization, etc.) so all communication presents a uniform look and message.
7. Manage the graphic details of the tradeshow marketing schedule and collaborate with the sales and marketing teams to provide sales support materials and work with outside vendors in getting final elements printed by the assigned deadlines.
8. Maintain diligent attention to detail and an eye for quality.
9. Support the Marketing Manager in various marketing projects as needed.
10. Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
11. Other appropriate tasks as assigned. This is a fast pace position that will be exposed to all marketing communications areas, no two days are the same. A willingness to pitch in whenever and wherever needed.
Requirements :Job Requirements
Proven superior graphic and web design knowledge, ability and production experience.
A BA degree in Graphic Design or related field.
3-5 years of proven successful experience in graphic design for a consumer goods or manufacturing company.
Demonstrate working knowledge using Adobe Creative Suite-(including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat), Microsoft applications (including Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
Demonstrable writing and marketing experience.
Photography experience a plus.
A reasonable understanding of print production processes.
Experience in B2B digital design.
Knowledge of the Industrial MRO, Electrical, HVACR or Automotive Tools and Equipment distribution channels is a plus.
Demonstrate knowledge and/or experience in marketing collateral development
Strong analytical skills and ability to work independently, managing and dividing time effectively among multiple assignments while meeting established deadlines; ability to work within tight schedules with changing and conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Personal characteristics include; highly organized, creative spirit, self-starter with team focus, detail-oriented, understanding and adherence to deadlines.
Verbal, written and interpersonal skills necessary to communicate clearly and effectively with project initiators.
Ability and confidence to communicate to all levels with internal and external clients in a professional manner by phone, email and face to face contact
Positive attitude and trustworthy character.
Good follow through on all projects
Flexible work attitude; ability to learn new things quickly
Dynamic friendly personality
Desire to work in a global team of professionals
Available for limited travel as necessary
Interviews are being conducted immediately and directly with the Marketing Manager. For immediate consideration, please apply online. You may also reach out directly to Tara Kern via email at [email protected]
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 1.888.846.1668 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2017 The Creative Group. A Robert Half Company. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Chicago, IL 60601