Posted by Jillian Kurvers on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 00:00
You're busy, you're short on time and you need to fill a position, immediately. Ever consider working with a creative staffing agency? Here's your guide, complete with five reasons why you shouldn't go the hiring process alone.
Whether you need a full-time graphic designer to join your team or a freelance copywriter to help with a project, it's important that you make the best, most informed hiring decision. And if you're short on time or resources to properly vet candidates, your job of filling jobs can become even more challenging.
Creative staffing agencies provide immediate access to skilled talent – all of whom have been interviewed and evaluated before they get to you. This allows you to more easily choose the best candidate for your freelance projects or full-time staffing needs.
Need to Hire? Creative Staffing Agencies Can Help
Here are five reasons why a creative staffing agency can make job-filling easier:
- Industry and local market expertise. Creative recruiters understand the industry inside and out, not to mention the local markets they serve. In fact, many of TCG's creative recruiters used to work in the industry as designers, writers, marketers and more. This background gives our creative recruiters unparalleled insight into candidates' abilities as well as how those skill sets can meet your specific business needs.
- Access to a breadth of top candidates. Creative recruiters focus on building extensive pools of creative talent. You may write the best job description, but are you certain it's reaching the best candidates? With a creative staffing agency, you have access to a wide range of potential hires that may otherwise never have seen your job opening. In addition, creative recruiters reach professionals who aren't actively looking for a job, but may be interested if the right opportunity is presented to them.
- Cost. Employee turnover costs can be high. Did you know that the cost of a bad hire can equal 30 percent of that person's initial-year salary? Knowing how much a bad hire can set you back financially makes it worth your while to ensure the candidates you do bring on work out.
- Time. Time is money, especially when you think about the opportunity cost of evaluating resumes and portfolios, and then comparing candidates' skills and experience levels. Save yourself this time. Instead, spend it on leading your team and focusing on business initiatives.
- Flexibility. Quick access to creative freelancers allows you the flexibility to staff up or down to meet business needs. Maintaining that perfect equilibrium on your team is tricky, but it's that much easier when you rely on a creative staffing agency to help you bring on temporary workers when project demands require it.
Creative Staffing Agencies + You = Happy Hiring
Creative staffing agencies like The Creative Group employ top recruiters that have extensive industry experience to help you hire right the first time – whether you're looking for freelance, contract-to-hire or full-time talent. Learn more about how we can help you meet your hiring needs by visiting our Hiring Resources.
Have questions about working with a creative recruiter? Leave them in a comment below.