A 5-Step Process to HIRING SMART Through Better Employer Branding
Is your company a great place to work? Even employers need a good elevator pitch, or they risk losing top candidates to competing firms. Here are five steps to establish your brand and sell your business to prospective hires.
1. Take Inventory. Identify why your company is a great place to work.
|A product or service that people believe in|
|Challenging, inspiring work|
|Opportunity to advance quickly|
|A fun, creative atmosphere|
|Latest technology tools|
76% of companies say they would attract higher quality job candidates if they put more effort toward promoting their firm as a great place to work.*
2. Learn What your Competitors Are Selling, and Sell It Better. Where can your company compete to attract the best talent?
18% of employers undersell the benefits of working at their company to job seekers.*
3. Promote Your Strengths. Select two or three of your company’s most appealing qualities or perks.
64% of Gen Z workers rank opportunities for career growth as their No. 1 consideration in pursuing a full-time job.**
4. Hire Quickly. Counteroffers are common, and the best candidates get multiple job offers, so timing is key.
57% of workers say the most frustrating part of the job search is the long wait after an interview to hear if they got the job.***
5. Consider a Recruiter. A specialized recruiter can work with you to highlight your company’s strengths to job seekers and help you hire highly skilled professionals.
49% of companies feel only somewhat effective at positioning their business as a great place to work and getting candidates excited about their firm.*
* Robert Half survey of more than 1,000 business owners and human resources managers in the United States at companies with 1 to 499 employees.
** Robert Half and Erodus survey of more than 770 members of Generation Z (those born between 1990 and 1999) in the United States and Canada.
*** Robert Half survey of more than 1,000 adults employed in office environments in the United States.
© 2017 Robert Half International Inc. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.